Wednesday, October 04, 2017

19 months - CKC debut


  Kenna had her CKC agility debut the weekend after her AAC debut. We made the 3.5 hr drive down to Calgary for this trial because we had to miss the big show at Spruce Meadows this summer. I had strained my back pretty badly the previous week, so the drive was a bit rough. I'd been in physiotherapy all week in order to get to a point where I hoped I'd be able to make the drive and still be able to run the next morning. I think my physiotherapist might think I'm a bit nuts... being in a rush to heal in order to... compete with my dogs. ha ha. Anyway, he did a great job because I was only a bit sore the morning of and was able to get both girls around 5 courses each... and still drive home to Edmonton!



Kenna was an absolute superstar. She had a perfect trial going 5/5, and with 3 Novice Standard Q's she earned her very first title, her Agility Novice. She needs one more Jumpers to complete that title.



She was very focused and only had one slip up in that regard, which was during her very first Standard run. She generally doesn't visit with the ring crew, but when she got up on the table she suddenly heard the photographer's camera clicking which got her attention. She was a good girl and didn't jump off the table until she was released, but the next obstacle was the weave poles and it was just too much. She ran over to investigate why this person was sitting in the ring using a clicker... and where was her treat? Click, treat! I called her back, and she went back to work and finished the rest of the run without incident. Silly baby dog!


No comments: